The QNUK Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (QCF) is the ideal assessing qualification for those assessing learners’ occupational competence while they are in the work environment.
The qualification has 9 Credits and you will undertake around 50 hours of study. This qualification has following two units:-
Unit 1 Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (3 credits)
In this unit, you will be able to:-
- Understand the principles and requirements of assessment
- Understand different types of assessment method
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand quality assurance of the assessment process
- Understand how to manage information relating to assessment
- Understand the legal
Unit 2: Assess occupational competence in the work environment (6 credits)
In this unit, you will:-
- Be able to plan the assessment of occupational competence
- Be able to make assessment decisions about occupational competence
- Be able to provide required information following the assessment of occupational competence
- Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when assessing occupational competence
- No previous experience required
- Learners must be aged 19+ to apply for this course
This qualification is assessed through professional discussion, workplace observation and a portfolio of evidence that demonstrates the leaner has met the required assess-ment criteria in full. Learners are required to complete Unit 1 and Unit 2 to achieve quali-fication. Learners’ evidence are marked by an assessor and moderated by the external quality assurance officer (EQA) before certificates are awarded to the candidate.
This course is ideal for people who assess candidate’s occupational competence in a work environment.